Friday, June 4, 2010

Oh what Love :)

So I have made the decision to major in Speech Pathology. I came to this conclusion because I love hearing people that have speech impediments talk. I just want them to talk all day just so I can listen to them. So I thought why not make a career out of helping people through their speech problems, right? Right! Well, it's sooo cool how God just makes it even more real to me that that's what I'm supposed to be doing when I'm least expecting it.

Today I went to my mom's work to pick up a check and we walked past a doctor who was kind of mumbling to himself. I kind of gave my mom a weird look because it was kind of odd. So she told me she would explain later. After we got her check and were walking back to the car, my mom explained to me that the doctor had a disorder that made him say any and everything he was thinking.

Woah!

I literally felt this crazy bubble of joy erupt in my heart when she said that! How cool is that?!?! He says everything he thinks and he can't control it because of something in his brain. That's so awesome.

Anywho, that's not entirely the point here. That eruption of joy it what matters here...I love feeling the passion God put in my heart for people with disorders like that. It's the most amazing feeling to know without a shadow of a doubt that I know that I'm heading the right way in God's will. Yeah, I'm not always perfect, in fact, I'm not anywhere close, but I have such a joy and a peace knowing that I'm right where I need to be.

Yay for life, joy, peace and the unending love of a Father who I know smiles down on me when such 'aha' moments happen.

Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment