Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Feelings of family, shortcomings and new opportunities...

Family: It is such a beautiful thing to see my dad's side of the family reuniting for this wonderful season of thanks. I couldn't imagine spending my break any other way than hanging out with my cousins, aunts and uncles. Most of all, I love how happy my immediate family unit is. Through death, sadness, happiness, laughter and love, I am constantly reminded of the obvious divine placement I've been given.

Shortcomings: Now, this isn't to be taken literally...as some of my faithful followers might take it. ;) However, I have been feeling a lot lately that I'm just not good enough. Not good enough academically, spiritually, physically, emotionally, relationally...and so on. I have been having a hard time expressing myself in a way that gets my point across without seeming whiny. I don't like complaining and I don't like people feeling sorry for me. I've been doing my best to seem like a hard-ass in every situation that has come my way this semester and that has been leading me to feeling like I will never be able to live up to what I see myself being. Eh, that was kinda emo...which is not me...I'm done with the "sad" stuff.

New opportunities: I got the chance to work with the Acteens at my church on a project they do every year. It was so much fun to be in a leadership role among girls who just two years ago, I was one. What a lovely blessing to see the girls grow so much. In a bigger picture of things, I have an opportunity next semester to make the most of life. To embrace new things, meet new people, impact lives, start a new job, invest in my future, travel...etc...there are so many things. I'm praying that I am a good steward of all these opportunities.

And lastly, even though I'm sure it won't amount to anything, I'm thankful for an old friend who randomly rekindled a friendship I cherish dearly.

This such a beautiful time of year :)

Cheers

1 comment: