Friday, January 20, 2012

Living One Day at a Time

So...my last post was kind of depressing. Sorry about that.

After the funk of that particular day passed, I really got to thinking about where I am right now and I realized that I am actually in a GREAT time in life.

I have a job that I am in LOVE with. It's so fulfilling to be able to call something I did at the museum mine and be proud of what the outcome is. My aunt is a great boss and Kerri is becoming a really good friend! I am genuinely enjoying my job and I can foresee staying here for a long time. :-)

Second. I actually do appreciate school. I may not like it or really see the point of it, but I understand its purpose in my life and for those of you who know me, that is HUGE. I'm trying hard this semester to be all in at school and really focus all my attention on what's going on during class. Side note: it was really hard to focus in my music and world cultures class because I had a chair that was really messed up. So I had to keep readjusting myself because I'm too self-conscious to just get up and fix the dang chair. But aside from that first day of classes on Wednesday was spectacular.

Another reason I can see that I'm actually in a GREAT place right now is that I am suddenly very aware of all the sweet little blessings around me. This is not an exhaustive list because that would make this post obnoxiously long but here are some that I've been noticing more than others: coaching 5th & 6th grade boys in Upwards is nothing shy of completely and totally awesome. They have such sweet attitudes, genuine love for the game and it's obvious they are getting along with each other. It's the best. I just wanna squeeze their little cheeks. (see why I can't go into details on all these blessings? I'll ramble extensively on each one...I digress) also, it's been uuuuuhhhh-mazing having Elisa back around these here parts. It's great because if I'm bored, 96% of the time so is she! So we get to hang out a lot. Yay! Also, my parents are fantastic in all the little things they are doing to make me living with them so fun. (that is also an extensive list...but just know, they are awesome)

Lastly....even though it doesn't feel like I'm making any progress in my walk with the Lord I know and can feel and have faith that He is growing me in ways that I'm just not aware of fully. I feel like an adult now, which I haven't before and it sounds dumb, but 'adult' seemed like such a far off thing to me not too long ago. Now I'm right in the middle of that and the transition couldn't have been easier...for the most part. Decision making was never my forte, but now I'm deciding stuff all the time. It's crazy. And awesome. Yet terrifying.

This year I am praying for:
New opportunities and being a good steward of those opportunities
New friendships
Appreciation for each day and whatever comes with it
and
Finding my true identity in Christ and falling more in love with Him every day.

This was a quote from my quiet time yesterday...perfect much?
"We must let go of the good to grab hold of the better. Living a better life begins with understanding this one key thought from Psalm 84: better is one day with God than thousands elsewhere. His ways are better than your ways. His love is better than life. His blessings(!!!) are better than material possessions."

Woah.

Cheers :)

1 comment: