Sunday, January 22, 2012

precious life

Today has been a really rough day for me. I'm really seeking God in the moments of hurt and tragedy and confusion.

Found out this morning two friends from high school were in a car accident last night. Brice didn't make it and Blake is in ICU. I'm just at a loss for words. I can vividly see both of them walking through the hallways just like it was yesterday. My heart is broken for their families while they deal with this difficult time. Ah. I...just..don't know.

This morning at church the pastor preached about abortion and, wow, God is just breaking my heart today for all kinds of life from the very tiniest to people my age.

And...I spent some time with a family that our girl's mission group from church has gone on mission trips for the past 5 years in Kentucky. They are going through a storm right now that is just something I can't even begin to wrap my mind around. Just listening to their hearts and their struggles reminded me that things are not all easy for Christians, even in America.

Lots of heavy stuff to deal with today.

Praying for understanding, strength and peace through all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment