Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Hunger Games

Ok, I've been sucked into the Hunger Games series. Tonight will probably be the night I spend reading into the wee hours of the morning, because I'm finally getting to the part where the story is picking up. I'm not usually one for books like this however, I'm hooked.

Cool God moment happening: I'm sitting at the front desk of our museum and surrounding me are 710 Bibles that have been translated into languages from all around the world. Places ranging from Australia to Ecuador to Kenya to Panama to Paraguay to Sudan and Vietnam and hundreds of places in between.
I think even though it's hard sometimes to deal with people, I have to step back and remember how completely awed I am at God's stinkin' hugeness. Life gets in the way, but it always helps me to remember that He is doing big things around me and I get to see a part of it right at my workplace. Love.

I took a break from writing because I was heading home from work and I come home to find...a letter from my sweet little girl in Kenya!!!!! OhMyGoodness. My heart just melts more and more with every word. I really do not think that I have loved someone, other than family, more than I love this little girl. My heart aches to meet her and hug her little neck.

Life is good

Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment