Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful Thinkings-Day 1

It's finally Thanksgiving week!!!!!! This is my favorite holiday of all time. It's a great pre-cursor to Christmas because we get to think about all the things for which we are thankful for the entire holiday season. Plus, you can't really complain about all the good food you get to eat!

So, for the next four days, I'm going to think about a few things I'm thankful for and why...the list will vary from day-to-day, but the same thankfulness theme will be evident.

I'm so thankful for my extended family. Not the blood-related ones, but the ones that we have formed relationships with through meeting at church or friends of my parents. It is just so nice to be able to call on so many different people when you are in need or whenever you just want to have a chat. I love that God has put all these extra "parents" in my life in order to really help me appreciate the value of relationships between humans. My heart is full of all kinds of love from all kinds of people who love me like their own children. Not only did I get extra sets of parents, I get the siblings to go along with them. My earthly family consists of so many more than the 5 of our immediate family unit and that is just something irreplaceable.

Well, good thing I have four more days to write things down. It's time to leave work so I'll have to lengthen my list later.

Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment