Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Museum Explorer

So, I work at an anthropology museum with my aunt, who is the director. We are located on the Wycliffe center here in Dallas and basically Wycliffe sends missionaries out into the world to translate Bibles into different languages. Really cool Jesus work being done here.

Well, as I was looking at the museum's e-mail this morning, I came across an e-mail from a lady who came here last year with her two younger sisters. She explained how her sister had always had a passion for Africa and wanted to go there to be a teacher. Well, she says after visiting our museum, her sister's passion was even more evident than before. At the end of her e-mail, she said that her sister is finally getting the opportunity to go to Uganda to teach. She was thanking our museum for being so dedicated to spreading knowledge about different countries.

Ok, HOW COOL?!?!?!?!?! I love working at a place that is about kingdom business, but it's always very awesome to see the fruits of that labor. Now, the museum may have only played a small part in this girl's life journey, but we played a part nonetheless.

What an amazing blessing to be working here. I love it. And I'm so thankful to God everyday for just putting it in my lap when I was least expecting it.

I was feeling pretty crappy this morning but that just made things forty thousand times better. How quickly the Lord can change things around.

Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment