Monday, May 16, 2011

A spoonful of sugar....

Even though I'm really enjoying having my hair curly and what not...I have to admit, I'm really super ready to straighten my hair. Haha.

Also, "A friend loves at all times..." (Prov. 17:17). I've been praying and trying to figure out what the friendships in my life really mean to me for a while now. As I was getting ready to write this post, that verse came to mind. So pretty much...God just answered all my prayers and wonderings in those six words.

Today I spent the majority of my day with one of my most favorite people in the whole world. Her and I haven't gotten to really spend time with each other lately because of our crazy schedules so today was MUCH needed. It was just so refreshing to hang out with someone who I know is just enjoying hanging out...no expectations. We just talked, laughed, shared and confessed things that have been going on with us. Huge life experiences were shared and small things that wouldn't seem to matter to anyone else were expressed. The amount of familiarity, contentedness and love between us was just so awesome. Seriously, coolest thing ever.

I'm just so blessed knowing that God has placed those long time friends in my path. For big life moments and for the days of just hanging out at the mall. It puts the biggest feeling of joy in my heart knowing that the Lord has entrusted me with those friendships and that I should be actively pursuing, praying for and trying to grow those bonds.

Loving on and laughing with friends is the best, tangible way God expresses His unrelenting love for me. This summer is just going to be full of all these specials moments with old friends and doing what I can to make and develop new friends.

Lord, be glorified in the way I handle my friendships.

Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment