Monday, July 4, 2011

The big 3-0!

Wellllllll, this is my 30th post! Kind of a big deal to me....kinda. Lol. I've really enjoyed getting to put my thoughts into this cute little blog.

Last summer, my mom bought me this awesomely retro couch from the 70's. Until last night, there hasn't really been a place in my room to put it and still have room to maneuver around. Thank goodness my mom watches all those design shows or else we would have never made it fit! It looks great and now I've got a sweeeeeeeeeet couch in my room. Party?? :P

By this time on Thursday, I will be having my braces removed. No questions asked. It is ABSOLUTELY happening this Thursday. Yes. Finally. 3 LONG years, over. Doneskis.

I get to go to Youth Camp with my church as a leader this year and I'm PUMPED! I haven't been since I graduated and that was two years ago. It will be a much needed week of resting with the Lord. So good.

I deactivated my Facebook account yesterday. I'm way proud of myself. It wasn't hard and I don't really foresee missing it too much. Plus, I've got this blog and Twitter(@Kelsey_Aleem17) which I think are better use of my time than just creepin' on all my friends and having to read all the ridiculous drama that comes with Facebook. Hopefully, I can last the rest of the summer with no Facebook and once school starts up, I'll see how things are going.

With all that said, I'll get more into my little blog here and start posting pictures and different things like that. So it will be a lot more enjoyable to read because I know how much everyone likes pictures with their readings.

So, I'm pretty sure I mentioned that I'm re-reading all the Harry Potter books before the last movie...which is..one...week..away...ahhhhhhh. *whew* I'm certainly not ready. Anyhow, second book was hard for me to get through...not sure why...but basically, I need to read 3, 4, and 5 before like...Sunday...and then have Mon-Thurs to read 6 and 7. Nooow that I've got the distraction of Facebook aside, reading should be a lot easier.

Oh! I got stung by a stupid wasp when I was TRYING to relax in the pool yesterday. No worries, I didn't swell up like a balloon or stop breathing...it did hurt pretty badly though.

I'm glad it's Tuesday. Makes the week seem more manageable.

Cheers :)

1 comment:

  1. Seriously. The disappearance of your Facebook kinda freaked me out A LOT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete