Saturday, September 10, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Let's start with how today has gone:
1. Work was super busy. Lots of movement all around the office. It helped the day go by quickly.
2. Homework was relatively interesting...I really enjoy my online American Fiction class. It kinda makes me wanna write a short story. They are much less daunting and can have just as big of an impact.
3. My best friend Elisa and I took an adventure to the HUGE Half Price Books in North Dallas. Luckily, I only spent $26 on a few books and a sweet Johnny Cash CD. 
4. Elisa decided she and I need to have our own T.V. show to document the times we hang out. They can be pretty entertaining. I have the theory that they only way we are friends is to have this show of us being taped...kinda like The Truman show...ya know? Ok, maybe not. But still kinda cool to think about.
5.  Red Velvet cupcakes with whipped frosting are da bomb.

Now...yesterday was just one those days that reminds me of the greatness of God...even in the small things...
I rode the train to school this week. Now, some of my stops are a little sketchy in areas so I kind of have to pay attention to my surroundings. Which is fine. 
So, I am sitting on the second train I have to take home and at one stop a big group of guys gets on and start being really, really loud. Nothing about them really intimidates me except for how loud they are. We were in a small train car and they were standing up and saying all kinds of foul things. So I get a little anxious and think that I'm never gonna ride the train again because I can't handle this kind of thing. Finally, I get to my stop and get off. I still feel a little anxious and shaky, so I'm trying to calm myself down by enjoying the scenery of Downtown Dallas around me.
Here comes my next train, I get on and find an empty seat. In comes this little boy to sit right in front of me. He immediately turns around and starts talking to me. We talk about my music, his school, the trains, Six Flags, fishing and the man sitting across the aisle taking a nap. He was so sweet and just wanted someone to talk to. I'm so glad God put me in that spot right then because I was so blessed by that sweet boy. His innocence shone God's love through every part of our conversation. I hope I get to see him again on Tuesday.

Now that was kind of a long story, but God just really changed my mood around sooo quickly. I am grateful for a God who knows my circumstance and what makes my heart beat.

I'm off to Austin to a wedding!!

Have a great weekend, y'all! 

Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment