Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Something Like This

Ben Rector's new album is already in the top ten on the iTunes charts. It's SO SO SO good. Like I said earlier, I'm sorry to the rest of the library for neglecting you...but it is ESSENTIAL that I very familiar with this album when he comes to Dallas in October. :)

Driving to school this morning, I decided that I needed to blog about what my life would look like if I hadn't made a huge life decision in May.

First of all, I'd be living in Denton not having to fight traffic every Tuesday and Thursday. I more than likely would have a job that I hated and not making enough money to be able to buy things for myself. Also, I'd be unhappy being so far away from my friends. I know that my relationship with the Lord would not be where it is right now. It'd be hard for me to find joy in the little things because I would be in a situation where my influences would be of the bad sort.

So what does that mean for me right now?

I'm in a place of such peace and contentedness. God has grown me up so much in the last 4 or 5 months that it evens weirds me out sometimes at my thought process. I feel like an adult now. A real grown up, making real decisions to help shape my future. Do you know how fulfilling that is? Only the most fulfilling feeling in the entire world. My life would look so different if I hadn't stood up for myself and what I know is right. Pretty cool. I've been smiling all day thinking about that. (And the fact that Ben is gonna be in my ears all day).

Life is enjoyable for me right now and I can only see it getting better from here.

It would only be appropriate to leave with a quote from a new song off Something Like This: "Leave your worry for another day. Let the good times roll tonight."

Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment