Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ahhh, love :)

His name is Winston. He is full of knowledge. He allows to me have pretty much as many books as I want. He does not talk back to me. He lets me talk to myself without assuming I'm insane. I have an unlimited amount of time to spend with him and he never gets tired of it. All of that to say that he, Winston, is the perfect man.

If only, he wore flesh instead of a purple leather cover. Winston is my precious Kindle. We've spent the best time together, going through 14 of my favorite novels.

Since I said I'd have another literature quotes post, I figured I could dedicate these quotes to the ones I've come across in the books I've read from Winston.

It's pretty ironic that the majority of the quotes I've bookmarked in Winston are about friendship and love which are pretty much the big themes in life for me right now. So it's suuuper cool that the idea for a post like this came right now.

And nooooooow on the real business:

If You Could See Me Now by Cecelia Ahern (one of my favorite authors)
"...I realized that for the first time in my life, Elizabeth was the only friend I had ever met who had completely understood me after all. And for anyone who's ever had that connection with someone, even if it only lasted for five minutes, it's important. For once I didn't feel that I was living in a different world form everyone else, but that in fact there was a person, a person I liked and respected, who had a piece of my heart, who felt the same way. You all know exactly how I was feeling that night. I didn't feel so alone. Even better than that, I felt like I was floating on air."

-How true it is that it's the best feeling ever knowing that someone understands you so deeply, but still wants to be around you. I've known that feeling with plenty of people and still feel that awesome sense of community with my group of friends now. It's my prayer that I can be the same kind of friend.

and this is probably my favorite quote of all time...from Winston at least ;)

Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks
"True love is rare, and it's the only thing that gives life real meaning."

I think I'll leave it at that.

Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment