Monday, April 25, 2011

Enjoying the Silence

I sure have been thinking a lot lately how it helps sooo much to just step away from a situation and just see how things happen...which for me, has been inexplicably helpful.

The Lord has been really faithful in showing me the benefit of the major life decisions I've been making in the past few weeks. His grace and provision have been SO obvious in every aspect of my life that it just makes me wonder why I ever tried to do things on my own. Before a couple of weeks ago, I had a place to live in Denton but wasn't comfortable with the living arrangements, I didn't have a job in order to help pay for my apartment, summer classes weren't figured out yet, I wasn't loving my major and I was just in a major major funk.

Since then, I've gotten a job pretty much secured, my parents are letting me stay with them, summer classes are figured out, my major is changed and I'm THRILLED about it, and I'm no longer feeling the funk of just not knowing. I'm resting in the Lord's promise of having a plan already set out for me. I've just got to do my part now and commit my life to Him fully.

AND even cooler, I'm getting to pray a friend through a situation I know all too well. How cool?! So many blessings. I'm praying I handle them the right way.

On top of all of that, I got to see Karla after 7 months. There's nothing like spending 3 days with the person who knows you best in this world. Loved every stinkin' minute of it.

Cheers y'all :)

3 comments:

  1. This had to be one of the best weekends! I love you so MUCH! Its so awesome to see how God is working in your life.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second everything Karla said above. :P

    ReplyDelete